The Pond-Deshpande Centre in partnership with the International Business and Entrepreneurship Centre at UNB are actively looking for a Social Innovation to be partnered with an MBA team for the duration of the 2012/2013 school year as part of a pilot expansion project of the highly successful UNB Activator program.
What are we looking for?
1. An organization or an individual who is/would like to solve a social challenge. Both non-profit and for profit models apply.
2. The idea/solution must be moderately well thought out with some evidence of why it is a viable option.
3. The idea has some potential to make an impact, be sustainable and be scaleable.
4. The social innovator(s) can devote a minimum of 10 hours per month to work with the students on the project.
What are we providing?
1. The opportunity to be paired with a Top Talent MBA team leader and hand picked team of MBA students.
2. The consulting relationship between students and the social innovator(s) will involve idea/market assessment, business plan development, entrepreneurial financials, and early stage venture creation.
3. The opportunity for the new venture to be pitched to the larger business community for awareness and possible funding.
This offer is time sensitive and we would like to make a match with the student leader no later than September 10th.
We will require the following sent to my attention to apply:
1. Name of individual/organization.
2. Brief background on the individual/organization.
3. Brief description of problem you are trying to solve.
4. Brief description of the social innovation.
We are very keen to see Social Enterprise become a thriving arm of the Activator Program and are thus very committed to the success of this pilot. The successful social enterprise will have all the support and backing of both IBEC and the PDC throughout this process.
If you have any questions please contact - firstname.lastname@example.org